Monday, February 23, 2009

Bill time and Quicken

I mentioned the other day that I thought it would be helpful to plot my income and bills on a calendar. I still haven't done it yet. But I did sign up for Quicken and there are a lot of bells and whistles that can help you get a visual picture of things. They have a tool that pulls all the info from your bank accounts and automatically charts pay days and when your bills are due. Of course it isn't 100 % accurate- you have to check the details, but it did a pretty good job on mine.

I plan to use Quicken in addition to an actual tactile calendar to keep track of what is coming in and what needs to come out. Right now I feel as though I am barely treading water- I hope to get to a point where I have my Emergency savings and other savings set up so that I can do home repairs, or vacations, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment